Gsxr750 barrels on b6 lol

wraith

8 hours ago, canamant said:

long stroke ones, 70mm bore.  GSXR759 FGH (65/86/87) or 1990/1991.  Also later 750 teapot had a long stroke 70mm bore.  You'll need the pistons too !

Hi Canamant, does that means the 600 head fits the 750 motor for the long stroke type?

ta

drew

I'm sure it's the case TD - TTS used to do various big bores for b6, 750, 884 ,  you didn't need to change the head, unless you wanted the better breathing provided by bigger valves and cams. It completely changes the character of the engine, from limp and revvy to torquey, with max torque and power achieved at lower revs.

I've just got out P.Bikes mag from Jan. 1996, it has a feature about just this and it states that even the 884cc conversion can use the b6 head - as the late great John Robinson says - big bores effectively lower the state of tune, shifting the peak lower in the rev range.

When I got into O/C bikes I put all the mags with useful articles alongside workshop manuals in my ' library' - sad but true ! - comes in handy when doing things  though - my wife keeps cluttering the shelves with random books though . . .

• Like 1
On 4/2/2017 at 1:50 PM, Captain Chaos said:

Nice one all, just asking as I was having a look at one of the projects xD the oilcooled gs550 ie a gs550 kat with b6 motor, and it seems low on companion so looking at oppositions. 

Cheers for the replays and not bumping it off ;)