Carb rebuild time

Wee Man

You know that factory pro do do Nickel plated emulsion tubes that overcome premeture wear. Nickel  is as hard as a whoores heart (technical term) and greatly reduces wear and ovaling of the tubes. I think they also produce harder needles to run with them. You can read more here.

Worth looking at unless you have already shelled out on new tubes. You could find a nickel plater and plate them with a couple of microns of nickel yourself.

• Like 1

Jonny1bump came up with a good solution to keep the needles perpendicular ,normally they're at an angle and wear the needle jets oval. I had the diagram of the special spacer that keeps the needle perfectly upright - unfortunately it's on my old kn*ckered computer - I expect it's in the archive somewhere ?  I made a version of them and it works a treat, next to no wear. The special spacers use the 'ledge' at the bottom of the slide to hold things straight, normal spacers are pushed to one side by that ledge, causing the needle jets to wear after not many miles.

• Like 2