Remote control ignition??? Blandit

dixiethedog

I fancy converting my project Blandit (turbo) from a keyed ignition to a remote control set up.

Does anybody know if Id need to add a resistor to the remote circuit to enable it to work??

I recently had issues with a bit of a worn ignition barrel on my Busa and had a bit of a job as I didn't know that that ignition had an in built resistor.

I'm hoping the Blandit may be a bit more simple?

Any advice gratefully received. :tu

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies. :tu

Yes, the cdi etc will be totally stock. Luckily we have a cool little electronic's shop not too far away, so I'll ask them about a suitable 100 ohm resistor.

Im in the middle of a bit of a house rebuild/revamp and have thousand's (literally!)of bike mag's in boxes that my Mrs thought I should move out of the way to allow work to progress. These are currently stashed away along with a ton of other stuff and not easy to get at. A bit of a case of hard cheese I'm afraid.  Somewhere in those boxes is a full collection of Streetfighter magazine's. I'll have the magazine with the remote article in it. I'm sure I can wait a week for the plastering to be done,and then I can spend a day flicking thru all the magazines. :)

It's a funny old thing, but year's ago I couldnt walk past a newsagent's without going in to buy a magazine. These day's I hardly ever even look at what's on the shelf. I only seem to buy if I see something really cool on the front page.

Thank you again chap's, you are all good egg's in my book.