dyna coils and leads for 1982 katana 1100

katana11

1 minute ago, Gixer1460 said:

If on stock electrics you need 3.0 ohm - Dyna Green's.If you have a Dyna 'S' - same coils. If using a Dyna 2000 then either 3.0 or 2.2's are suitable (green or grey) - everything else is competition orientated and not suited to road use.

hi mate ,thanks for ur help here, i was going to buy dyna coils and taylor leads off used suzuki spares on Eblag about 175 sterling for one type they other are 206 sterling with the coil ends already on the leads, what do you think ?,my mechanic said dyna way better for the running, just sounds costly but seems to be the norm ?

• banoffee locked and unlocked this topic

On first glance £175 sounded outrageous but it seems to be about the market going rate ! ! ! Last time I bought a pair they were £79 and the leads added another £20! At that cost i'd get a 2 channel Bosch Amp and 4 GSRX1000 COP's - http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=124 + s/hand cops should all come in under a ton! Neat solution and maybe damn sight more reliable based on recent reports of Dyna products!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

On first glance £175 sounded outrageous but it seems to be about the market going rate ! ! ! Last time I bought a pair they were £79 and the leads added another £20! At that cost i'd get a 2 channel Bosch Amp and 4 GSRX1000 COP's - http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=124 + s/hand cops should all come in under a ton! Neat solution and maybe damn sight more reliable based on recent reports of Dyna products!

It's a great idea & I have used the same amplifier. Works well but you can buy it for about £20. It fits Italian cars & some French stuff. If anyone is interested I will dig out some part numbers.