Frame alterations

After realising the power I want to put through my Gpz framed Suzuki engine turbo thing, the more I'm looking at the weedy frame thinking it's gunna snap without some serious beefing up. 

Id firstly like to have the swingarm pivot area cut out and beefed up with a larger diameter pivot, neck bracing and additional plating here and there. 

Now I could just happily hack away to my hearts content and then shit myself once I realise what Iv done to a perfectly usable frame. Or. Seek the works of a skilled engineer/master bodger/proven previous works type of guy to take on the job or work with me. 

Im based near Chester but willing to travel. 

If it was left to me I'd have to start off in the left lane at Pod to cross the finish in the right hand lane. 

Suggestions? Mockery? Thoughts on the new Toblerone shape?

Mike Woods at Full Metal Ornament if fucking brilliant- based just outside of Oxford, so probably 2hr (ish) journey for you.

And talking of removing and and beefing up pivots..... here's what he did on mine 

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/guygilbert/media/9D250372-E76A-4D21-A2C1-6AEA46F1D28C_zpslp6lzmns.jpg.html]9D250372-E76A-4D21-A2C1-6AEA46F1D28C_zps[/URL]

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/guygilbert/media/55559156-8D47-48F0-95EB-BA9F82A07004_zpsqc5vj7nw.jpg.html]55559156-8D47-48F0-95EB-BA9F82A07004_zps[/URL]

and with regards to the new toblerone shape, same as all my bikes...

"if it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

Edited by R1guy
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...