How true should the rear hub be with the rear wheel

This is my first bike so I have no previous experience to go on,

after replacing the cush rubbers and having the wheel and hub powder coated I've noticed that the hub dosnt seat evenly all round the rear wheel, it's only slightly but I had the bike on stands and gently ran the bike in first gear and noticed that the hub isn't running true with the rear wheel, it slightly moves in and out a little. Is this ok or should it run completely true?I've taken it off and pressed it on properly but I'm still having the issue, I get tight spots on the chain also and the chain is brand new as I haven't got the bike on the road yet. This will be my first bike so I want to get it right. any help would be great

Unlikely a new DID chain will be FUBAR so i'd discount that. As there is no specific metal to metal fit between hub and wheel casting there could be a degree of 'slack' allowing a bit of wobble but it should be not obvious! Is the axle / spindle done up / torqued to specs as that may close it up? New cush drive rubbers may be binding with the hub - washing up liquid applied to everything when fitting eases the fit.

• Like 1

Thanks boys there's some good things that I'll try and see if it helps, I appreciate your help, I have triple checked everything but I'll du it again I think,

what would cause a new chain to have slack spots, it's brand new do I thought it would have even tension all the way around, I'll check the slack again and like madb said I take it off the tightest spot.

12 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Care to explain this? Is it funny? Am I not in the clique that is party to why its funny? If you want help or advice, don't take the fucking piss out of people that offer it or next time you might be invited to go screw yourself! 

Read the rules.

6. There is custom code built into the site that converts certain words typed into a different word or phrase. Do not adjust your television screens, these replacement words are for your own safety. Don't like that? Infringing on your civil liberties? Think we should all grow up?  If so, you are in the wrong place, stop taking yourself so seriously as we refuse to grow up. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Read the rules.

6. There is custom code built into the site that converts certain words typed into a different word or phrase. Do not adjust your television screens, these replacement words are for your own safety. Don't like that? Infringing on your civil liberties? Think we should all grow up?  If so, you are in the wrong place, stop taking yourself so seriously as we refuse to grow up. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Care to enlighten me then via PM? I'm a big boy and prefer to call a spade a spade! The replacement phrase seems to cause equal or more offence and as i've not seen it occur in other peoples posts it seems particularly pointed in one direction hence my take on the situation. I don't fuckin' need a moral guardian and maybe you should grow up or grow a pair as I left name calling behind peoples backs in junior school!

say what now!? I honestly didn't spell anything offencive towards anyone, I wouldn't do that, I was great full for your advice especially because it was a good fault finding tip, I swiped... "That's a great idea too say what now!?" but it must of spelt something else and I didn't realise, my phone does that a lot lol.

1 hour ago, Jpich85 said:

say what now!? I honestly didn't spell anything offencive towards anyone, I wouldn't do that, I was great full for your advice especially because it was a good fault finding tip, I swiped... "That's a great idea too say what now!?" but it must of spelt something else and I didn't realise, my phone does that a lot lol.

Obviously not your fault fella - its the moral guardians who live in a playground!

On the original site there was some YaaB code that converted certain words that were typed on the site so they came out another way. For instance you couldn't type "H*nda" or "eB*y" When we relaunched this site we just maintained that but we extended it to include "G*xer" . We have the site edit the word and replace it with another. It has been there since day one. In truth, like much of the rules it's designed to make the site more interesting and hopefully a bit more fun.

Reading this thread I can see the confusion and paranoia that it has generated. While that was not our intention, I still find it quite entertaining. Hopefully no permanent damage has been done.  Please feel free to use the tag feature if you want so name someone in a thread. Like this  @Gixer1460 as it bypasses the code.

I was tempted not to reply so the blame could continue to fall at the feet of  @Jpich85 dodgy phone. Amusing as this was, I felt it was time to confess our sins.

I have now lost my place in the queue for the swings.

Sorry about your position for the swings - here, have a jelly baby on me LOL! The explanation clears it up - I was going to have a rant about smartphones but they do enough damage on their own! Strange choice of prohibited word seeing as GSXR's have been known thus since day one out of the factory! But whatever......... back to British Bulldog!

• Like 1