Engine idle fault gsxr 750 L

colinworth79

Not had a problem like this before and wondered if anyone has come across this - bike gsxr 750L totally stock uk bike . 19000 miles from new. When the bike is ridden in traffic as it gets hotter the engine revs will start to creep up by them selves up to about 3k but if you blip the throttle quite hard they will then return to where its been set 1500. Same thing will happen when you pull up at the next set of lights . I had the carbs off when I first got it and removed the float bowl and cleaned them out (stock jets) and there is a new genuine Suzuki throttle cable fitted couple of weeks back . I'm thinking maybe slide sticking or a split in one of the rubbers onto of the slide maybe ?

bike was given a full service before I started using it to commute. Plugs , oil , air filter ect . Revs only start to hang up when its stop start traffic for a few minutes. Odd that if you snap the throttle open quick it then cures it . Only thing I need to do is to balance the carbs hopefully next week end .

Also check that cable and carb linkage are all free and not sticking.

See the butterfly links sticking but will work when given a hand full.

Just me but I always start at the basics then go for the more in-depth, see people strip and put new can chain in a gsxr motor when it just needed the trencher sorting ;)