Ffs

gixeriain

You should be very happy about this. I was riding a ZZR1100 on the M40 many moons ago and the rear wheel inexpicitly locked up forcing me to have a major accident. It was caused by the sprocket retaning nut dropping off through not being put on properly at the factory and jamming between the chain and the front sprocket. The C model had a global recall after this happened a few times to other riders wordwide on bikes made in the USA. I would have preferred to have avoided the inconvenience of hospital/years of legal hassle and only to contend with missing work/replacing the nut and washer. Hope you get it sorted quickly though. A nut from another bike model will probably fit, especially that from a large capacity Suzuki :)

i'm surprised it never went wandering after all the time it wasnt fitted, i remember i old gs550 had the sprocket nut and tab washer folded over and it still managed to rattle itself loose and come off, luckily the only damage was a snapped clutch cable and a missing sprocket nut but could have been much worse, hope you get it sorted properly matey

• 3 weeks later...

Sprocket nuts coming loose usedto be a regular occurrence on Slabbr RAcer 1 until I sorted out the spacers .  Happens on other Suzukis too.  At the 2012 Manx Grand Prix I came in one night to find the sprocket nut in the belly pan of my SV650.  I'd been hearing clanking noices from Parliament Square on all of the slower corners on my second lap of the night and just thought it was the chain getting slack - which it was sort of.  

• Like 1