The son of my friend is now European champion with his GSX-R1000 engined boat, he sold the boat and now they think about making a new one, using a TL1000 engine this time. 

Since the rules don't allow EFI (the GSX-R engine has a bank of Keihin Flatslides for this reason) he asked me what are the biggest available carbs suitable for this engine. I told him the VTR1000F has 48mm CV's, but surely there must be other carbs available?

Anybody has any experience with carbs on a TL engine?

rolandas.jpg

Pair of 2 1/2" SUs should sort it.

:D

What were the BEARS Ducati guys running?  They had to rub carbs on the watercooled 4v bikes under the wacky rules.

Actually - I know of a guy who's been CNCing Billet copies of the old Gardiner flatslides in enormous sizes for the Big bore Vincent guys.

Flat trackers are probably living with the FCR42s - they're not chasing peak power.

Edited by Gammaboy
On 11/10/2016 at 11:33 PM, Gammaboy said:

Pair of 2 1/2" SUs should sort it.

:D

What were the BEARS Ducati guys running?  They had to rub carbs on the watercooled 4v bikes under the wacky rules.

Actually - I know of a guy who's been CNCing Billet copies of the old Gardiner flatslides in enormous sizes for the Big bore Vincent guys.

Flat trackers are probably living with the FCR42s - they're not chasing peak power.

From memory the bears/bott dukes along with moriwaki vtr's etc were running the FCR 41's open and ramair set ups