Correct Dyna coils for GSXR1100 l engine

Wagola

Hi All,

Got a GSXR1100 engine that has an issue with starting and looks to be spark, or lack of, problems. Can someone please tell me the correct ohms rating for the coils on this engine ? It is running standard ignition ecu but dyna coils. The ones fitted are stamped 2.2 ohms but I'm not sure if they should 3 ohms ? please help.

I am almost  certain that a GSXR1100 motor would be the same as almost all dino-mega bikes and use the green 3 ohm coils. However, has the bike developed a fault or always had the fault? If it was due to incorrect coils causing the bad starting, it would have been always a bad starter since having the coils fitted.

1 hour ago, Dezza said:

I am almost  certain that a GSXR1100 motor would be the same as almost all dino-mega bikes and use the green 3 ohm coils. However, has the bike developed a fault or always had the fault? If it was due to incorrect coils causing the bad starting, it would have been always a bad starter since having the coils fitted.

Hi.  Thanks for your reply . Not really sure if it was a bad starter as I haven't run the bike that much . I do have some 3 ohm coils that I can try but didn't want to just in case they were the wrong ones. Cheers.

Yeah, I had some 3 ohm dynas so fitted them and it seems a bit better. It also had a dodgy immobiliser fitted that I took off yesterday and it seems better again but will find out a bit more tomorrow. Its getting there but I fear a new wiring loom is going to be on the shopping list. cheers