Max tire size on stock EFE

Thank you Captain Chaos.
I'm about to buy an EFE,and i really like this bike,except the 16 front and the full fairing.
Structurally,I could not change anything for quite a while,but I can try to get me
legal approved alternatives tires and a 17 front rim,so i would like to mount the best tire size that fit
on this bike in stock condition(so with stock rims,swingarm,and fork),to improve handling and stability.
I don't know the rear rim size of a stock EFE,but if it was 3.5 a 160/60 might fit?
Regarding the front,on a stock fork (with stock fender) a 17 rim with a 120/70 might fit?
And last question..if i will fail to obtain the approval for new tire size and 17 front rim,
the stock 130/90-17,and 110/90-16...are very bad for driving?
I would like to know this things before i buy the bike,so thanks to anyone can tell me something about.
Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by SK79
  • Like 1

A 160 tyre is designed for a 4.5 inch rim. A stock efe back wheel will take a 140 tyre max, if they still make these. A 5.5 inch rim will take either a 170 or a 180 tyre. Obviously, nowadays 180s offer far more choice so if a 5.5 and 180 goes in, that gives much flexibility and tyre choice. Change both wheels together - a wider back tyre on a skitty handling bike with a 16 inch front wheel like an efe is asking for trouble, especially if you take weight off the front by removing the fairing.

Homer:I'm form Italy,and in Italy is illegal to ride a bike with tires or rims that are not registered on your circulation document
,and it exposes you to the withdrawal of the circulation document.

Rene EFE: So a 5.5 fit in the stock swingarm? (nice bike!)

Dezza: "A stock efe back wheel will take a 140 tyre max" Thanks..i needed this info.

Captain Chaos: Ok,if i will get the approval,i will follow your guide.Thanks

Anyway i cannot change swingarm(no money),so:

-If i don't get any approval,i will ride the bike as it is. 
-if i get approval for a 140 or bigger rear tire and for a 120-17,i will mount them.(if them fit without changing the stock swingarm)
-if i get approval just for the tires,and not for the 17 front rim,i will just mount wider tires.(it would be anyway a good start)

I will see what happen,for now thanks to all for the answers.

4 hours ago, Rene EFE said:

Yes

Very happy to hear that ;)

4 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

now please show us yours

Captain Chaos,i'm in negotiation,but as soon as i get the beauty it will be my pleasure to show you my EFE :)

• Like 1