Ignitech versus Dyna

Leblowski

Considering to buy a Dyna for my 85' 750.

I noticed that dyna's dont come cheap and i heard of horrorstorys of fried ones in the last few years.

while searching the net for alternative modules i found Ignitech, is there anyone here that uses one ?? I am very tempted to buy one cause they have more options then a dyna and there cheaper.

other options then dyna welcome too ff ourse as long as its not msd 

ty

I haven't personally used Ignitech products but I know several people using them. Generally they have been happy with them and it seems that they mostly work as promised. I say "mostly" since have heard stories that some more rare engine configurations may not work perfectly even they are on list of supported engines and so on. Also their customer support might be quite slow and reluctant sometimes. But I guess you shouldn't have much problems as GSX-R support is most likely very thoroughly tested over the years.

Personally I wouldn't even consider Dyna option (2000 I presume?). It's way too expensive for what it does. 

• Like 1

Ive been running igniteks on my gsxr's and spondon for 4 years now. Kick the arse of dyna crap. Its same size as standard cdi. Just plugs in and you can connect up to your laptop and tune away. Can change advance at 500rpm intervals, 2 stage rev limiter, shift light etc etc. All with no extra modules. And if you mess it up just re-load standard settings. Really good bit of kit

• Like 3

This sounds like really cool kit. Is the Ignitech unit universal in application or is it manufacturer and model specific? Also for a simpleton like me, how challenging is the fitting and my real issue, setting it up properly? Want it for my 750 Slab. Price looks very nice too.

Edited by wassuck
fists of ham
21 minutes ago, wassuck said:

This sounds like really cool kit. Is the Ignitech unit universal in application or is it manufacturer and model specific? Also for a simpleton like me, how challenging is the fitting and my real issue, setting it up properly? Want it for my 750 Slab. Price looks very nice too.

It suits quite some bikes, I ordered one for my own slabby 750 

They can send u a unit thats plug and play on your original loom, it comes with software wich you uload to your unit.

I will make a new loom that's why I ordered a universal plug to go with the unit.

You only have to push the starter button after that.

• Like 1

Wow that sounds tempting. Going to look at their site. Let me know how you get on please and thanks for posting this! My Slab is in standard tune aside pipe at the moment so it looks like an adaptable and afordable bundle without the 'I saw you coming' prices of a Dyna system. Just after more midrange for riding between the metal boxes and a little extra thrust for trackdays.

Edited by wassuck
ugggh