Inletrubber nightmare

Building up a GSXR750L with Mikuni 34mm flatslides. I've tried a number of combinations, and the one that gets closest to fitting is teapot 750-rubbers. However, this gives quite a big step between the head and the rubbers; are there different ones that would give the right fitment?

Original L rubbers are too big, 750K rubbers (36cv's) give the wrong spacing, strangely. 

It's not that I have problems fitting the carbs to the rubbers; I've got my tricks. It's about the fitment of the rubbers to the head. I'd like very much if the step wouldn't be there, but can;t seem to find a set which would give me this and fit the flatslides.

All the short stroke 750 motors have the slightly raised entry to the inlet valves, so their rubbers would allow for this entry point (just my guess, haven't done this myself). Perhaps 1100f rubbers, or any of the smaller carb, long stroke 750 variants would be better ?  You're very right about not wanting 'walls' in the way for the intake charge, a good way to lose power and muck up the carburation. . .

Sounds right to me. 

Found some info on the interwebz, RS got bolts in the floater bowl to change the jets and are equipped with an adjustable accelerator pump. 

You must have some slabby inlet rubbers laying around? I tried 36mm CV on the inlet rubbers on my slabby few months ago, don't fit and 36mm inlet rubbers... also don't match the vm29 ers.

Edited by Quist