gsx insurance

Gday , i have just tried to insure my 1980  GSX1100 et/ex but they have no listing for this bike, and when i give themthe reg it comes up as a katana ? 

anyone else had troubles , do i insure it as a katana, is that what they were called here in the UK ?

cheers

chris

:stop:Styling wise it is a totally different model.

The ET / EX and Katana would have been standing next to each other in the showroom. (they are from the same era.)

Also weird that they can't find it.

- Maybe they just recognize the family name GSX1100?

- Maybe you have a frame from a katana, now rebuild as ET / EX?

On 4/1/2016 at 0:00 PM, busa ash said:

i have tried all the compare web sites and no listing of the gsx1100 , and i have called a couple of companies and no listing, one bloke said they dont list it because they dont insure it ? i have now got insurance as they listed the gsx manually , but have have seen since coral nash have a gsx1100e 1980 to 1985 listing.  why the hell katana comes when the reg is put in  is a mystery , the bike came in from the usa with only 1400 miles on the clock so i hope its not a katana rebuild, doesnt look like it is as it just looks to new, but thanks for the comments 

cheers

chris

If its an import from Uncle Sam, that'll explain it - they call everything Katana - aircooled, oil cooled and water cooled! They also didn't have the GSX as a range - early ones were GS1100's and later ones (our EF / EFE) were GS1150's to add to the confusion!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not wanting to drag this thread out but i saw this ad too Kitkatman.^^^^^^..i noticed it is set up by Carole Nash and once i'd filled all the details in it came back more expensive than i had from elsewhere.Shame really.It seemed promising at first.