Kat rear end wheel swingarm swap

I've been thinking about swapping the 5.5" rear wheel in the kat to a 6" one for some time (be for looks more than better handling) 

So got a bit of time today and as I he'd the wheel out any way. I tried the 6" srad wheel, no will not fit in the gsxr 750 wr swingarm :( 

So, I've now got 3 chooses,

1. Just keep with the 5.5" and don't piss xD

2. Fit a gsxr600srad swingarm and put the 6" in that 9_9

3.fit the gsxr1000k1 swingarm and put the 6" in that 9_9

O what to do xD

If I do fit a new swingarm  to the kat whichever one I don't use, I'm going to fit to the gsx1157et :D

IMG_20241012_182143_394.thumb.jpg.1203f5db472a21c3da45b788443606ea.jpg

IMG_20241012_182205_366.thumb.jpg.651ac17d9faefcde83e2032fcbe1d036.jpg

Pics are of the 6" wheel 

Edited by wraith
Add pictures

6" real looks the buisness on a Kat.

SRAD 600 swingarm does not have a brace, so A SRAD 750 braced arm will look better in my opinion.

I widened my frame, drilled out the pivot points and used the SRAD pivot bosses when I installed mine, so the chain clears easily. Taking your bike apart to notch the frame now is going to be a lot of work

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, rodneya said:

6" real looks the buisness on a Kat.

SRAD 600 swingarm does not have a brace, so A SRAD 750 braced arm will look better in my opinion.

I widened my frame, drilled out the pivot points and used the SRAD pivot bosses when I installed mine, so the chain clears easily. Taking your bike apart to notch the frame now is going to be a lot of work

That's the one thing that's putting me off from doing it, well this year anyway :D

xD

41 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

you just can't leave them alone can you wraith :/ put a set of standard skinny wheels back in 9_9 :D 

Some build and sell, I just build and keep tinkering :D

The more I think about it, yes the 6" will look good but I think for this year I'm going to keep the 5.5" in. As I've got some work to do on the miss bike and respray the et etc and at some point I do need to finish the Hellcat gsx

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, wraith said:

xD

Some build and sell, I just build and keep tinkering :D

The more I think about it, yes the 6" will look good but I think for this year I'm going to keep the 5.5" in. As I've got some work to do on the miss bike and respray the et etc and at some point I do need to finish the Hellcat gsx

busy busy busy :D

• Like 2
1 hour ago, baldrick said:

i wouldnt bother tbh, it looks fine as it is, why bother, i mean its a fair bit of work for very little if any advantage

i doubt anyone will notice its half an inch wider.

Yes I'm thinking the same, I was hoping xD the wheel would fit in the swingarm and take it from there but as it's going to involve a swingarm swap frame work etc I'm thinking more leave the 5.5" in (y)

I've fitted a 6" to my gsx1157et instead of the 5.5" it did have in it. I must say I like the way it handles with the 6" I found the 5.5" always seemed to be a bit twitchy. For me and the way I ride, but each to there own. 

This is one reason I started to look at the 6" for the kat. But I thinking I won't do it with the work involved till I'm stripping it down to have the frame powered coated, probably next winter ;)