GS1000E CDI box ?

Quick question. I have a 79 gs1000e that needs a CDI box. It looks like it has an aftermarket ignition system put on years ago. I had it running the way it was but I have since lost the CDI box while working on this project and I would like to up day the electrical systems on the bike anyways just for reliability. So my question is does the dynatek system eliminate the CDI box ? Also are there other options ? And what are the exact parts I would need to replace the entire ignition system. If there are other methods what is the cheapest and what is the best? And just one more question.could I use ,say a CDI box from a 82 gs850 ? Thanks?

I’ve also got the dyna s on my gs1000, very simple to fit, been faultless for the two years/ 6,000 miles that it’s been fitted,

also got dyna coils, which must have done 60,000 miles by now without any issues,

heard good things about ignitech ignition systems, but no personal experience 

Great thanks. I have a few. Also I am still trying to figure out if the dynatek s is all I need . It looks like it just comes with a pick up( or what ever it is called) do you know if it eliminates the CDI. Do I need another box of some sort ?