GSX750ED and her offspring in the house

It's a Katana. It's not the legend but it sure has an awesome powerplant. Just got her running tonight and the flat slide slingshots are as snappy as they're supposed to be. As for owning a real 750 Katana, I'm happy riding it's predecessor. After all, it's just a bike and the '84 S3 with the peep up headllight would be amazing to own but I already know how it rides. Thanks for checking out my post. Not much of a forum goer so it's great to be seen.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DAZ said:

yep Suzuki don't care like calling a poodle Winston.... Think they even used it on a scooter FFS 

its not just Suzuki that do it !!!  have you seen the new Capri ???  fucking awful looks nothing like the classic original :|   

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

its not just Suzuki that do it !!!  have you seen the new Capri ???  fucking awful looks nothing like the classic original :|   

They'll be offering genuine Ford furry dice and Wayne & Tracy sunstrips for them at £199 a pop next.

• Like 3

This topic went south fairly rapidly. :-)

Currently in the process of collecting parts to restore it to OEM as much as possible. Replacing the trimmed rear fender as its absence facilitated a fair bit of rust up under the tail. I guess the PO was into form over function. Considering a custom (low key) paint scheme as the euro Slingshot look has very few decent plastic parts still available and the parts I do find require major plastic repair. I got lucky with the 83 750ED since the parts for a one-year bike are practically unobtainium-level minerals and I have spares. 

The nice thing about the much-maligned 750 Kat is there is a substantial used part market for the old guys like me trying to rebuild the bikes we loved as 20 and 30-somethings. The new bikes are simply incredible, and I'd love to grab the new Kat, but I tinker more than dive turns these days so the expenditure would be a frivolous investment. I still just like to ride. Not street race or canyon carve as I used to.