dynojet settings on B12

just got a dynojet kit stage 3 for the Zed (B12 engine) it came with no settings !!!!!  can't find fuck all on their web site ?  found a thread on the net and the guy said the base settings he got sent where crap so went with his modified settings,  bike is running K&N twin pods, pulls good but rev's hang so running lean. 

my settings

155 main jet

clip on 4th groove down

mixture screws 3 1/2 turns out

what have you guys set yours too ? 

I’ve recently set up a stage 3 dynojet kit on my mk1 b12 , I used an air/fuel gauge and a colourtune for setting the pilot screws,

150 dynojet main

needle on 2nd position down with the 0.5mm shim, effectively position 2.5

pilots were set individually with colourtune , settings range from 2 to 2 7/8 turns out , so somewhere in the middle should be a decent place to start

im running pipercross dual pods, black widow headers , Remus powercone end can

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

Scroll down to Downloads, the instructions are in a PDF.

https://www.dynojet.com/jet-kit-for-1997-2000-suzuki-bandit-1200-gsf1200-3154/

First gen, with pods and full exhaust...

Needle on 2nd clip

DJ155 main

AF screw 2 turns out.

I think most of their kits have similar instructions, because these are really similar to the 750 stage 3 I'm currently setting up.

Take it, when you say 2nd clip you are saying from the top grove? 

Or are you going 2nd grove for the bottom? 

A numpty question but just want to make sure, as some people go from the top and others from the bottom :D

Just now, wraith said:

Take it, when you say 2nd clip you are saying from the top grove? 

Or are you going 2nd grove for the bottom? 

A numpty question but just want to make sure, as some people go from the top and others from the bottom :D

2nd from the top. Dynojet counts down from the top in all their instructions.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

Scroll down to Downloads, the instructions are in a PDF.

https://www.dynojet.com/jet-kit-for-1997-2000-suzuki-bandit-1200-gsf1200-3154/

First gen, with pods and full exhaust...

Needle on 2nd clip

DJ155 main

AF screw 2 turns out.

I think most of their kits have similar instructions, because these are really similar to the 750 stage 3 I'm currently setting up.

they where the settings the guy on the net used and it ran shit !!!! thats why i used his modified settings, my bike pulls through pretty good but the revs hand in-between gear changes so a lean condition, if i use the dynojet settings it will (in theory) run even leaner !!!!  but i suppose its worth trying. 

one other thing, the fecking K&N filter on 3 and 4 keeps sliding off the carbs !!!  ive cleaned everything up and still slides off no matter how tight or loose i have the screw clamps. had to wrap a cable tie round it :/  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

one other thing, the fecking K&N filter on 3 and 4 keeps sliding off the carbs !!!  ive cleaned everything up and still slides off no matter how tight or loose i have the screw clamps. had to wrap a cable tie round it :/  

Same thing happened with my dual pipercross filters, I lost one of them the first time I went out with them fitted , had to buy another pair of filters , even though I only needed the one, pipercross wouldn’t sell me just the one >:(

like you I’ve got a cable tie wrapped around them now

• Like 1

lifted the needles a notch (5th groove) and 3 1/5 turns out and still popping and hanging rev's !!!!  but rain has stopped play.  

the instructions say "US market only" !!!  I wonder if thats got anything to do with it ?   

theirs a lot to be said about airbox's 9_9 

That’s a much richer setup than I’m running and I’ve got no issues with popping or hanging idle, and my air/fuel numbers are right where I want them,

are you sure you haven’t got an air leak somewhere, split intake rubber maybe ?

or even a fuel starvation issue, the diaphragms in the tap can cause problems, I recently had to swap my tap diaphragm 

• Like 1

I know it's a different engine etc, but the miss gsxr1100k (1127) is running dual K&n's b12 MK1 carbs with cobra exhaust.

The setting on that is, 

155 main jets (Dyna jets) 

Pilot screws at 2 1/2 turns out 

And needle set in center grove.

Runs fine no real hanging or poping

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, PaintItBlack said:

That’s a much richer setup than I’m running and I’ve got no issues with popping or hanging idle, and my air/fuel numbers are right where I want them,

are you sure you haven’t got an air leak somewhere, split intake rubber maybe ?

or even a fuel starvation issue, the diaphragms in the tap can cause problems, I recently had to swap my tap diaphragm 

inlet rubbers are perfect and new O rings fitted, fuel tap is an ON/OFF/RES and flows as it should. the engine i know is good as i took it out of a 1200 bandit with less than 17.000 miles on it, ran perfect with airbox. carbs have been cleaned and float heights checked and no leaks on the float valves. 

gona tape up the filters just to confirm its running lean, if so then maybe go up on the pilots. 

1 hour ago, TonyGee said:

lifted the needles a notch (5th groove) and 3 1/5 turns out and still popping and hanging rev's !!!!  but rain has stopped play.  

the instructions say "US market only" !!!  I wonder if thats got anything to do with it ?   

theirs a lot to be said about airbox's 9_9 

Did you have a good idle before fitting the kit? Are your float heights correct and are the carbs synced?

16 minutes ago, wraith said:

I know it's a different engine etc, but the miss gsxr1100k (1127) is running dual K&n's b12 MK1 carbs with cobra exhaust.

The setting on that is, 

155 main jets (Dyna jets) 

Pilot screws at 2 1/2 turns out 

And needle set in center grove.

Runs fine no real hanging or poping

yeah seems really weird !!!!!   as i said the carbs have done less than 17,000 miles and look perfect inside, i do have a spare set of carbs just in case.

1 minute ago, wraith said:

I know you know what you're doing, but the hanging revs is not a sticking throttle cable or something like the handle bar grip just rubbing on a end weight or the switch gear? 

lol, i wish it was that easy wraith :tu

• Like 1

wrapped some tape round the filters and it seemed to run better, still the odd pop but not as bad, still to wet to ride it though. 

standard pilots are 37.5  so i might order a set of #40's and see how i get on.   bloody motorbikes O.o 

• Like 1

well finally fixed it, put the #40 pilot jets in and it ran rich as fuck !!!! (from one extreme to another) so cleaned the plugs, set the mixture screws to 1 1/5 turns out and lifter the needles up one notch to the 4th one from the top, took it for a road test and it ran sweet, its never run so good and the plugs are clean. so happy days. :banana:  now to get some miles on it ;)  

• Like 5

Was that still with the tape on the filters :D

Glad you've got it sorted, who needs a rolling road :D 

Setting carbs, as you know. Can be ever you get it right pretty much with in the first couple of gos or the carbs are on and off more than a popular (incert your own words xD)

4 minutes ago, wraith said:

Was that still with the tape on the filters :D

Glad you've got it sorted, who needs a rolling road :D 

Setting carbs, as you know. Can be ever you get it right pretty much with in the first couple of gos or the carbs are on and off more than a popular (incert your own words xD)

no mate not tape, but they do have a cable tie round them to stop them popping off :(  

by what ive read on the tinternet no one has had to change the pilots !!!  but just shows you carbs are not all the same. but glad i got their. it was a joy to ride today for the first time. :D

their is a rolling road in my town but heard some bad reports plus he doesn't do carbs !!!  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

their is a rolling road in my town but heard some bad reports plus he doesn't do carbs !!!  

If you want "peace of mind" and are willing to pay for it , see if you could get a power run - ie they strap it down , wind it up , tell you what it's making and what the air fuel ratio is like , whether it's rich ,lean or ok 

Edit: just make sure he shuts it down if it goes lean....

Edited by DAZ
  • Like 1