Engine paint question

Army

Morning

although my motor runs well enough, the outside looks a bit shabby to say say the least, after thirty years of people spraying and hand painting with pot black etc.

Is there a generally preferred method and what is the colour most used if any please?

thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, wraith said:

Do you want mate satin or gloss black or the gsxr grey?

I've used Simoniz spray cans, the gloss is very good the mate is a bit on the grey side but for the satin I've used there tough coat and has lasted for 3+ years on my b12 engine

As above for the removal of the old stuff

I couldn't find any Simoniz engine paint in satin :(. I thought they only did the super-shiny gloss and the matt.

1 hour ago, Dezza said:

I couldn't find any Simoniz engine paint in satin :(. I thought they only did the super-shiny gloss and the matt.

Yes, they only do the gloss and Matt in engine paint but I've used the Simoniz Tough satin black on my b12 engine, and it's been on there since I built it and sill looks as good as it did when I put it on. Yes put petrol over it and it will discolour unlike the engine paint but I try not to do that xD

• Like 1