Dot Head Swap On The G Bike

XXXSpro

2 hours ago, XXXSpro said:

Here ya go, idk if I can post links on here but you can take a read https://www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=73284.0

ps. problem is there’s some people who post everything they did in detail and some people throw a couple pics up and loosely describe things. Some people just say that works or that doesn’t but don’t say why, then shyt  people who just want info to make better decisions.

So the amount of conflicting info is unbelievable 

At the end of the day a build is supposed to be fun and a forum is supposed to be about community.

That’s why I ask around, DM, talk to my machinist ( he’s a busa builder ) and try to piece info together

Whatever hurdles pop up I’m sure someone out there will help :)

63365304-9ECA-47F6-AD66-B34A02266CA1.png

46F52AA4-B7A9-455E-B4EB-89D19DEB15CB.png

B5F1454A-2524-401B-B4AD-C0D28E5E262C.jpeg

D251875C-6CA4-448D-8DF9-05BFAB714409.webp

So that explains some things and and opens up loads more ....9_9 

The post you are quoting is talking about a stock blandit 12 head "28cc chamber" and stock 79mm B12 pistons  all good so far 

its goes on to quote skimming the cylinder head by "1.5mm " to increase the compression which also reduces the chamber size to 22.1cc  "all good" 

It then goes on to suggest the extra incresces possible using a 1216 kit 81mm "all good still :) 

However you are saying in your thread questions ...using busa pistons to go 1216 "not the same as a 1216 kit piston" 

You say you have decked the block by 1.2mm which puts the busa pistons out the bore "or Do you mean Skimmed the head"  ? 

You also say using a Dot Head "23cc chamber"  or do you mean a 28cc chamber head that has been skimmed ? 

As Skimming a blandit 28cc chamber head does not make it a "Dot Head"  and skimming a Dot head that much opens a whole new can of worms with valve to piston clearance :/

Confused Dot Com 

I think you need to clarify what you are actually intending on using to clear up the conflicting info between the posts 

--------------

Just to throw another in the mix :)

I have another busa pistoned 1216 engine 8.41: 1 Cr that has a ported  "1100 M Shim Head"  that made 129BHP  with a badly set up set of RS38s on it 

BitzBlandit129BHP001.thumb.jpg.b79a8790cd64296cdae92ff8fd532771.jpg

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 3
On 11/25/2023 at 9:58 AM, Duckndive said:

So that explains some things and and opens up loads more ....9_9 

The post you are quoting is talking about a stock blandit 12 head "28cc chamber" and stock 79mm B12 pistons  all good so far 

its goes on to quote skimming the cylinder head by "1.5mm " to increase the compression which also reduces the chamber size to 22.1cc  "all good" 

It then goes on to suggest the extra incresces possible using a 1216 kit 81mm "all good still :) 

However you are saying in your thread questions ...using busa pistons to go 1216 "not the same as a 1216 kit piston" 

You say you have decked the block by 1.2mm which puts the busa pistons out the bore "or Do you mean Skimmed the head"  ? 

You also say using a Dot Head "23cc chamber"  or do you mean a 28cc chamber head that has been skimmed ? 

As Skimming a blandit 28cc chamber head does not make it a "Dot Head"  and skimming a Dot head that much opens a whole new can of worms with valve to piston clearance :/

Confused Dot Com 

I think you need to clarify what you are actually intending on using to clear up the conflicting info between the posts 

--------------

Just to throw another in the mix :)

I have another busa pistoned 1216 engine 8.41: 1 Cr that has a ported  "1100 M Shim Head"  that made 129BHP  with a badly set up set of RS38s on it 

BitzBlandit129BHP001.thumb.jpg.b79a8790cd64296cdae92ff8fd532771.jpg

Ok so got some clarification on things for you on decking the block from my machinist, but first!

Parts List:

-Dot Head 1993 Katana 750 w/Dot on the head

- GSX1100F Cams 

- 2001 Hayabusa Pistons

- Decked Block .84mm

- Cometic 0.03” Head Gasket

Plan was the deck the block ( not head ) 1.2mm, but after a call with Joe, he said bring an old piston by and we’ll measure the height difference with a vernier caliper and deck accordingly.

So he put a busa piston on one side of the pin and the stock on the other, pushed them together and measured the difference.

The verdict…

Busa pistons are 0.033” or .84mm shorter than stock. I’m assuming the 1.2mm number came from the shape of the piston.

Also the valve reliefs on the busa pistons are deeper than stock by about .01” or .25mm, which he said should make clearance a non issue

We decided to deck the block .84mm to match the stock piston height zeroing the deck height

According to the calculator with the .03 head gasket I’ll be looking at 9.96:1 comp and 10.3:1 if I remove the center shim of the gasket.

We also measured the top or the head to the face of the valve and there is .67mm

Knowing this I’m considering skimming the head as there is more valve clearance area from the busa pistons and the above mentioned numbers from the head.

Edited by XXXSpro
On 11/28/2023 at 4:16 PM, coombehouse said:

If you are machining the block to achieve zero deck height, is this with the base gasket included in that calculation? Do you have a piston to head clearance (squish) figure in mind? In my experience you have to build the motor, measure & then machine to get it right 

Ya that would be ideal, but my guy is gonna be out for a few weeks this month and his work is always 3-4 weeks out

We went with what he thought would be the next best thing based on his experience