What bike is this?

I'm currently out in the country dealing with a parent with dementia and I noticed this Suzuki for sale pretty cheap near by. I'm an oil cooled guy that's only ever experimented as far as buying water cooled GSXRs to strip them for parts. So other than the ad saying it's a 70s bike with keys or a title, I have no idea what it is.

00T0T_9YH4LCApIVx_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

It's really cheap and they're open to negotiating on the price, sounds like they just want it gone. Any idea what model/size it is? Looks like the tank is dented, it's missing the seat, side covers, and the sprocket cover. Is the shifter mounted on the sprocket cover as well? Just wondering if it would be worth doing anything with it or should I ignore it and go back to focusing on my other projects that I've been neglecting? Thanks, and the odometer shows just shy of 20K miles.

2 minutes ago, slayer61 said:

It's a 450 twin, isn't it? 

Yup, looked it up and it matches. I'll probably pass on it then, I have too many other projects and not enough space as it is...though I did just look and seats are easy to find on Eblag for it. I just don't know what I'd do with it other than use it for a little "bar hopper" around town. If anyone else is interested in it, I can give you the link for it here in Oregon.

https://i0.wp.com/www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/SuzukiImage1.jpg

5 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

If it's still for sale next month I might just grab it and see what condition it's in and go from there. It's only like $100.

Had a gsx400 years ago, which is very similar, wasn't anything special, there are plenty of smaller & larger bikes offering bags more character and chances are you'll need to throw more money at it, i'd save yer money and get something you really like..

• Like 1