What size were stock fuel lines? And post your photos of sexy fuel line routing.

Out of town right now and looking at photos of my bikes and thinking about all the crap that I need to do on them. On the slingshots, what size were the stock fuel lines? I've got three bikes that I need to either refresh or setup, so might as well buy it all at once. I seem to remember them all using the same size, but this is what I'm working with. 750N has stock BST38s and petcock, the other two have RS38s and Pingel/stock petcocks.

I also want to get more creative with my fuel line routing this time. I'm sick of scraping up my knuckles while trying to hold the tank up with one hand and get pliers in there with the other to remove the clips at the petcock.

image.thumb.jpeg.95ea0d6cd530b4c96f4ba3d14ceeb02a.jpeg

18 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

I'd appreciate that, thanks.

OD = 14mm; ID = 8mm. Also, have you tried quick release dry-break fuel couplings? If you have space then they are a godsend when you have a bike in which the tank is on and off constantly. No faffing with clips and prizing the hose off the tap spigots and then spilling some fuel every time the tank is removed. If you have two fuel lines and one for each then even the now relatively cheap ones aren't going to give you any issues. There are pics in my project build thread :)

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 1
On 8/31/2023 at 9:47 PM, Upshotknothole said:

On the slingshots, what size were the stock fuel lines?

Two 600 mm lengths of 7 ID x 10.2 OD hose. Protected by spring sleeves.

Part number 09352-70104-600

Aftermarket you'd want to use Tygon hose made by Saint Gobain, it's the stuff to go for if you want high quality durable factory spec stuff

Edited by Joseph
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Dezza said:

OD = 14mm; ID = 8mm. Also, have you tried quick release dry-break fuel couplings? If you have space then they are a godsend when you have a bike in which the tank is on and off constantly. No faffing with clips and prizing the hose off the tap spigots and then spilling some fuel every time the tank is removed. If you have two fuel lines and one for each then even the now relatively cheap ones aren't going to give you any issues. There are pics in my project build thread :)

I've had the quick disconnects as OEM parts on injected bikes, quite handy for removing the tank. Might go that route eventually, but one is a 7/11 with no clearance between the carbs and the tank, and the other is a stock 750 and the fairings make it hard to access under the tank. Just need to figure out a way to route the lines so I can access the quick disconnects easily.

I think I'll order up some 8mm ID transparent Tygon line. I like a little flash of colour here and there on the bikes.

Where I need flexibility in the fuel hose routing I use some high-quality, old-fashioned cloth braided hose intended for old British bikes as sold at autojumbles. It varies in quality though and the really flexible cheapo stuff is best avoided as it kinks. The better, more expensive stuff doesn't kink. When used with the rubber end caps it also looks really good and works well with quick-release dry-break couplings.

• Like 1