gs1000 front brake reservoir

Baz1954

Guys/gals I'm back with another question re my 1978 GS1000. I'm overhauling my brakes replacing master cylinder internals and I want to replace the 'O' ring under the front brake reservoir. Tried putting it in hot water to see if expansion would help remove the reservoir but no it didn't. Somewhat wary of breaking the reservoir as I cannot find any online if I do. Do not want to replace assembly with rectangular type. Any ideas?

Thanks

23 hours ago, Baz1954 said:

Discontinued and couldn't find any on the net.

https://www.Eblag.nl/itm/233658646065

Just bought one myself found on a Dutch site.

23 hours ago, Baz1954 said:

Found OEM 'o' ring for it in Germany (again discontinued). It was still quite flexible although a little opaque compared to original.

SuzyTwo sells new o-rings for 2,50 : (readily found on Eb*y for 23+ Euro)
https://www.suzytwo.co.uk/ourshop/prod_7844304-O-RING-MASTER-CYLINDER-RESERVOIR-GT750-GT550-GT380-GT500-GT250-GT200-GT185-GT125-PATTERN.html

Edited by Rijko
extra info
26 minutes ago, Baz1954 said:

I'll check out the 'sterilising'. As for 'o' ring I rate them as one of the greatest inventions ever. Used them a lot when I was a submariner. So prefer manufactured.

I wondered if there should be a comma after babies LOL.

I think he means hydrogen peroxide

On 8/14/2023 at 10:14 PM, Baz1954 said:

Guys/gals I'm back with another question re my 1978 GS1000. I'm overhauling my brakes replacing master cylinder internals and I want to replace the 'O' ring under the front brake reservoir. Tried putting it in hot water to see if expansion would help remove the reservoir but no it didn't. Somewhat wary of breaking the reservoir as I cannot find any online if I do. Do not want to replace assembly with rectangular type. Any ideas?

Thanks

I think I have a whole master cylinder, you can have it for the cost of postage. if you break it