New to me

Any time you stumble across a clean big-bore bike, find a way to keep it if you like it. Although there are many out there still hiding under tarps, in barns, garages, and storage units, most never get seen before a salvage crew finds it and sends it to the yard. Restoring these old animals requires a lot of diligence but the good thing is, if you take the time, you can bring one of these relics back from the dead.

• Like 1

it just needs a general tidy up.. change the shocks.. id love to bring the exhaust back to black .. but what kind of high temperature paint would last on an exhaust??? .. and I was told that RG 500 mirrors fit the fairing . so I ordered a pair.. they were cheap if they work great .. if not its no big deal .. 

20230730_155100.jpg

20230729_130150.jpg

33 minutes ago, DeegzARG said:

That fairing looks real nice! What’s the story behind acquiring it? Found it in the wild or was it something that popped up locally?

Super cool bike!!

its a wes cooley style fairing.. got in on flea bay a couple yrs ago ..you could pick white or black.. prices vary ...i can only see the white ones on it now..and the fitting kit is another 130 or 140 pounds sterling...so i ve been planning on getting one of these bikes for a few yrs now...https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/255878843013?hash=item3b93914a85:g:3k4AAOSwb9ZjmhJw&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4CSN3WPnbFMr9CPPbrfRtTMYIE%2FEEjW12WFUL56%2FtFk1zcx6Z1N%2BrxMESV9Hujh7VbtOyHS9yHpMWTDVXSxasWzBTNX3UvWdYBqQxMRAjr0Ezx86RC4I4fCSFzYPosyD6WYOpFNDEnxDXdEB5OBJFCCXZJD5itkIeiOHgC%2BdLOVWPKvmD4FGZ%2FGKUO5dmjRtS0U7DqsnuyBQXqIVZpyUx9LhDO0zY2SOLYrZLLXgMztTTyevXVcUSilJlimAZHTIxzu11G%2Fmf3iD9OnYIwZngOFz1IqZVdfz%2BrgdoJc%2FhCSG|tkp%3ABk9SR-CDzoi1Yg

• Like 1
On 7/30/2023 at 4:49 PM, ccroaker said:

its a wes cooley style fairing.. got in on flea bay a couple yrs ago ..you could pick white or black.. prices vary ...i can only see the white ones on it now..and the fitting kit is another 130 or 140 pounds sterling...so i ve been planning on getting one of these bikes for a few yrs now...https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/255878843013?hash=item3b93914a85:g:3k4AAOSwb9ZjmhJw&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4CSN3WPnbFMr9CPPbrfRtTMYIE%2FEEjW12WFUL56%2FtFk1zcx6Z1N%2BrxMESV9Hujh7VbtOyHS9yHpMWTDVXSxasWzBTNX3UvWdYBqQxMRAjr0Ezx86RC4I4fCSFzYPosyD6WYOpFNDEnxDXdEB5OBJFCCXZJD5itkIeiOHgC%2BdLOVWPKvmD4FGZ%2FGKUO5dmjRtS0U7DqsnuyBQXqIVZpyUx9LhDO0zY2SOLYrZLLXgMztTTyevXVcUSilJlimAZHTIxzu11G%2Fmf3iD9OnYIwZngOFz1IqZVdfz%2BrgdoJc%2FhCSG|tkp%3ABk9SR-CDzoi1Yg

Lol. I totally worded that wrong. I meant what’s the story on acquiring the bike? Was it something that just popped up locally or you’ve been trying to source a gs1000?

13 hours ago, DeegzARG said:

Lol. I totally worded that wrong. I meant what’s the story on acquiring the bike? Was it something that just popped up locally or you’ve been trying to source a gs1000?

I'd been looking for 1 for a long time.. I had  the fairing bought yrs back just needed the bike to go with it.  only recently found a bike shop here that deals in older stuff .. no website its through word of mouth he sells his stuff.. old skool.. he has a shop full of stuff .. its messy but he knows where everything is.. kind of .. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ccroaker said:

I'd been looking for 1 for a long time.. I had  the fairing bought yrs back just needed the bike to go with it.  only recently found a bike shop here that deals in older stuff .. no website its through word of mouth he sells his stuff.. old skool.. he has a shop full of stuff .. its messy but he knows where everything is.. kind of .. 

A bike shop like that is a rarer find than a decent GS these days. (y)

• Like 1