Got a dot head for my 1100N

Panos

4 hours ago, DAZ said:

Do long stroke 600/750 cams fit the 1100 heads ?* Are the cams noticeably "hotter" ? Is it possible to run an intake cam on the exhaust as happens on the gsxr1000s ? Is it worthwhile ?

* The short stroke 750 ones I know will fit 11/1200 tappet heads.

I'm sort of concluding that if the 'long stroke 750 heads' don't fit the 1100 bottom ends (maybe due to cylinder spacing?) then it is unlikely to cams will transfer over either?

• Like 3

An 1127 m/n with ported head, std cams, 40mm CVs will produce a very healthy increase in power and will rev well.... it won't spit out shims with a std igniter unit. Raising the compression helps bump up torque over the whole rev range(not so much at the top),  obviously a big bore helps do this and the extra capacity broadens the power even more - it's very noticeable. Standard 1100r cams produce a really good power spread for the 5 speed gearbox.  As you've said near the start of this thread, 40mm CVs need an airbox,  without it the torque curve is like a roller coaster. 

I ported my head myself, I did it in 3 stages, so felt each change made,  even cleaning up the ports is worthwhile - there's plenty of lumps and bumps that can be removed.  Matching the valve seats to the port throats, even apparently small details are worthwhile...it just takes some care and time. Better to do too little than too much. I did most of the work with abrasive rolls, not that much with tungsten burrs. There's only a few tuners who used to port our engines back in the day and still do, obviously they know straight away what works.

• Like 7