Bandit 1200 dot swap parts?

Got a pile of parts in the garage that I want to turn back into a daily/beater/commuter for now. Tired of putting miles on the nicer bikes, but I also want to make it fun. 

What parts do I need to swap a dot head onto a bandit? I’d like to get everything in advance so I don’t spend too much time waiting on parts when I decide to build it. 

Head gasket

Oil return o-rings

Anything else? Plans are to swap the head, stick the engine into an old 1100 slingshot frame, already has a braced 750w swing arm to help keep the front light. Not sure which front end I’ll use yet. Got a spare set of RS38s and a full Yosh 1200 exhaust. 

Here’s how it currently sits. Ignore that dumb W in the background. 

IMG_2181.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dezza said:

You may have to move the throttle cable bracket to the end of the carb bank as it might foul the tank base. The DOT head raises and changes the angle the carbs sit. You have an 1100 frame though, which is a plus here.

Using RS38s, and easy enough to move the throttle bracket if needed. Also easy enough to raise the rear of the tank a little if I have to.

• Like 1