GSX1100F rear shock

Hey guys, just dug the powerscreen out after a very long slumber, noticed an oil leak coming from the rear shock.

I had a spare which I've put on but don't hold out much hope. Any suitable other models that my fit as I don't fancy paying £000s. Any pointers would be welcome, thanks in advance

There is a shock length chart in the vault section of the site,but if you don't want a new one (yss about £330 from brooks in Bradford) then you need to find one similar length and possibly swap your spring on if it's not the right rate 

Hi,

...I've had similar prob with mine, plenty of 2nd hand shit for stupid money...I got lucky with a b king shock for £7 (plus postage). They are about 10mm shorter than standard so I've fashioned a bracket that bolts on to the frame just above the existing shock mount, 10mm lower than stock. There was a bit of shaving off to do on the bottom swivel mount but it fits well. Only downside is that I've had to mount a smaller battery where the tool kit used to be.

• Like 1

Its a long shock with a long fork beneath. I couldnt find one so bought a brandnew expensive hyperpro (Dutch brand) shock 10 longer than standard.

So ironic: the 10 mm extra length together with a little shorter fork on the expensive shock... shock did not fit xD

Had to take a mm or something like that of the uperside of the link the shock is mounted on (y)

The shock on mine is around 2 inches longer than stock, looking through the history it was rebuilt by k-tec using both the original remote adjusters. I looked them up its around £150 for a rebuild. I've fitted the tired spare and that dropped the rear to original spec, the centre stand actually gets the rear tyre up now .

Thanks for the input, will see how bad the spare is, interestingly the spare only has one remote adjuster that came from an earlier model.