katana speedo drive from a gsxr front wheel

alboo

wow this has got you all thinking and i thank you 

i bought the front end without checking  it was a bargain

i have to keep control of costs  but i do have an elec koso i think because of my limited exsperiance i think

dezzas solution will work for now

I can not thank all of you for your responces 

• Like 1
On 3/14/2023 at 7:54 AM, Gixer1460 said:

Front sprocket won't work as a) it continually changes speed as you change gears and b) its geared lower than road wheel so would always read low anyway!

BUT a speedo drive on the rear axle would work as (unless spinning) the wheel is always at road speed - can't be anything but!

let me read that again.........
no....... let me try again.........
 nope, so youre saying........
erm, so let me.........
 i mean......
what?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Aftermarket electronic speedos have a section in the menu for inputting the wheel circumference to account for different wheel sizes. 

A. Measure the rolling circumference of the tyre.

B. Work out the final drive sprocket ratio ( normally around 3 to 1 ).

Dividing A by B will give you distance traveled per front sprocket revolution and an effective wheel circumference to input into the menu.

Suzukian. May I suggest you get off your "high horse", the altitude sickness is giving you brain fade.

• Like 3

I think I got altitude sickness by flying at 15K feet with no oxygen.  If people are going to be nasty, then have the thick skin to take the replies.  I shall struggle to maintain a proper altitude, but will always chop people down a  notch that are being undeservedly disrespectful.  Not a high horse.  Just who I am.

I do also agree about the electronic speedos, but the GPS speedos don't require any of that, and come inn all shapes and sizes, from super futuristic, to nostalgic/vintage. ;). :)