GSX1100 oil circuit drawing??

slayer61

Guys,

I have pulled my GSX down to swap over to the DOT head, details at 

I've read over & over that the front 2 cylinder studs beside the cam chain tunnel need to be blocked so oil doesn't seep up past. bla bla bla... 

I'm looking for a diagram or drawing of the GSX oil distribution system to verify. Anybody got one they would care to share? 

ETA: I have this one, but it doesn't answer my questions. Looks more like oil comes up on outer galleysc1a6e49a88cd16222a4523f38b8eda3e--engine

Edited by slayer61
1 hour ago, slayer61 said:

Guys,

I have pulled my GSX down to swap over to the DOT head, details at 

I've read over & over that the front 2 cylinder studs beside the cam chain tunnel need to be blocked so oil doesn't seep up past. bla bla bla... 

I'm looking for a diagram or drawing of the GSX oil distribution system to verify. Anybody got one they would care to share? 

ETA: I have this one, but it doesn't answer my questions. Looks more like oil comes up on outer galleysc1a6e49a88cd16222a4523f38b8eda3e--engine

Oil goes up the outer studs not the middle ones....

All you need to do is block the oil tube holes in the oil boiler head   .and modify cam chain tunnel so the gasket seals properly  ..I also drilled some holes at an angle into the cam tunnel to help oil drain ..

Dead simple swop :ph34r:

• Like 1

If you use the ET copper washers and Dome nuts there's no issue with the oil draining via the front studs......

I built mine from the ground up with many dry builds before final assembly :ph34r:

If i did another one i would use an oil boiler cylinder block as well .....

Oooh And the seller of the head on ebog is Mark Watkins in Dagenham.... 

Edited by Duckndive
added txt
1 hour ago, imago said:

I did wonder if that would make things a bit more straightforward. Much in the way of modification needed to the block or cases to do it that way?

Well when i built my 1st one i used an EFE bottom end with 78mm 1100L Pistons in an EFE block with 2mm "Ish" removed from the deck...so 66mm x 78mm x 4 = 1260 cc in round figs 

Now if you use a blandit block & pistons on EFE Bottom end you would get 66mm x 79mm x 4 = 1294 cc in round Figs i assume pin height on the Blandit Slug is the same as a 1100L Slug so would need sums to sort deck height :ph34r:

I chucked a oil boiler block on air cooled cases out of interest yonks ago "they had been previously machined for a 1428 Big Block" and they went straight on so as with any engine build its all down to doing dry builds and sums ...But it works :tu 

Performance wise the 1st one went 10.01 at 138 mph on 2nd pass at the pod that was no tuning work just stock parts with RS38mm Carbs ...bike was 64" Wheelbase 

I don't see any major Issue running one on the Road just a bigger oil cooler :)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

Well when i built my 1st one i used an EFE bottom end with 78mm 1100L Pistons in an EFE block with 2mm "Ish" removed from the deck...so 66mm x 78mm x 4 = 1260 cc in round figs 

Now if you use a blandit block & pistons on EFE Bottom end you would get 66mm x 79mm x 4 = 1294 cc in round Figs i assume pin height on the Blandit Slug is the same as a 1100L Slug so would need sums to sort deck height :ph34r:

I chucked a oil boiler block on air cooled cases out of interest yonks ago "they had been previously machined for a 1428 Big Block" and they went straight on so as with any engine build its all down to doing dry builds and sums ...But it works :tu 

Performance wise the 1st one went 10.01 at 138 mph on 2nd pass at the pod that was no tuning work just stock parts with RS38mm Carbs ...bike was 64" Wheelbase 

I don't see any major Issue running one on the Road just a bigger oil cooler :)

Useful info, thanks. (y)