Sprocket size on 7-11

Slabby

A bike built round a 750 slabby frame is going to be several tonnes lighter than a stock powerscreen, a bike that's fairly low geared as stock. As far as I know, all the 11/12 oil cooled engines have the same gearbox ratios, although there is some slight variation in the primary drive ratio. I think the powerscreen p/d makes the gearing overall lower, as does it's relatively low final drive ratio as OEM: it has a large rear sprocket. Therefore, you'll probably be able to go higher (smaller rear sprocket) than a 48 rear. What rear tyre size are you using? Try some of the gearing calculators online as they will give you a good idea where to start. You'll need to find the gear and p/d ratios and rear tyre circumference first. I have these written down somewhere as I have a powerscreen engine waiting to go in my bike as they are a good 20 bhp up on a 1200 Blandit and can dig these numbers out if need be :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DAZ said:

Yeah but I bet you hardly need to replace your front tyre !!! Probably set off in 3rd ,that's a big gear on the back

Standard gearing for the gsx1100f power screen is 15/52 but they also run on a 34mm carb :)

I'm running 38mm and you it will lift the front in theard gear.

3 minutes ago, wraith said:

Standard gearing for the gsx1100f power screen is 15/52 but they also run on a 34mm carb :)

I'm running 38mm and you it will lift the front in theard gear.

Jeez that's 7 teeth up on a std b12 but then I suppose the 1100f was supposed to cope with two fat tourists and a fortnights luggage :o nice that it'll lift in third just right for overtaking Greta in her prius :tu:banana:

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, DAZ said:

Bloomin eck! So that's geared for elvington  then 190 ish? :o ,mind you it'll help load the turbo a bit 

That's exactly what it does, loads the engine and turbo to make them work. Stoppes it spinning & wheelieing every where.

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 1