Getting an oil boiler out of a frame with a non detachable frame lower!

Motovalet

I’m trying to get this B12 motor out of a GPz1100 frame with little joy and lots of scratched tubes! Am I right in thinking easiest way is sump off and cam breather off or even possibly the whole cam cover? The reason it’s got to come out is because of the dubious engine mounts which need improvement and the fact I’ve a short stroke dot head 748 GSXR to go back in its place!

D5D11A89-BADC-4F89-A723-1ADF5A0DDDEE.jpeg

• Like 1

I am perplexed by this problem: the last time I looked a Suzuki 11/12 engine was quite a lot smaller than a Kawasaki GPZ1100 engine, and the larger Suzuki engine goes into a 750 slabby frame, which doesn't have a removable frame rail and is obviously quite a lot smaller than that of a GPZ1100. Maybe a few pics will help to see where the problem lies :) It may be a good time to strip the whole bike, remove as many engine covers and ancilliary bits as possible, lie the engine on its side and try and lift the frame off the engine that way.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Motovalet said:

I gave up and left it be! I’m more interested now in fitting a 750J motor into a GSX750ES frame! In particular mounting plates? Possibly even into a 550ES frame, although this looks like all existing mounts will need chopping out and new ones welded in?

so you didn't get the bandit motor out of the GPZ ?