Which engine should I use?

I have an 1127 GSXR engine and an early 00s Blandit engine, one is going into an NA 750, the other will eventually get the boost treatment in an 1100 slingshot frame. Which of the two engines should I set aside for the boosted engine? Planning on doing pistons and possibly boring the cylinders with a goal of 250 at the rear with FI. Making the NA engine in the 7/11 fun isn't a problem, trying to figure out which of the two engines is the better candidate for boost is where I'm at now. Is there enough difference between the 1100 and 1200 heads to make a significant difference? Does one have a stronger transmission than the other? I've had a few 1100s, but this is my first 1200 and it's modern by oil cooled standards.

Also both engines are basically unknowns to me so I'll be tearing into them a little bit just to see what condition they're in. If I was to guess I'd say both have been sitting for maybe 5-15 years? I think I last fired up that 1100 engine in 2010.

Can't imagine why a 1200 Blandit motor in a 750 chassis would be preferable over a GSXR 1100, especially if NA, so that's that question answered!

As regards which is better for added boost, they are pretty much the same engine internally and gearbox wise - the Blandit has the factory undercut 'M' gears which is good, hyvo cam chain equally good, maybe 'softer' cams (never sure if there is much difference) but the Blandito does have slightly thicker liners in the block so a bit stronger in that department. Assuming the GSXR isn't an 'M' or 'N' with shimmed valves, life should be good although shimmed heads work quite nicely in turbo engines and NA if you control the revs!

All in all - a non question LOL!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Can't imagine why a 1200 Blandit motor in a 750 chassis would be preferable over a GSXR 1100, especially if NA, so that's that question answered!

As regards which is better for added boost, they are pretty much the same engine internally and gearbox wise - the Blandit has the factory undercut 'M' gears which is good, hyvo cam chain equally good, maybe 'softer' cams (never sure if there is much difference) but the Blandito does have slightly thicker liners in the block so a bit stronger in that department. Assuming the GSXR isn't an 'M' or 'N' with shimmed valves, life should be good although shimmed heads work quite nicely in turbo engines and NA if you control the revs!

All in all - a non question LOL!

Thank you. 1200 will get the special treatment and the 1100 will start getting prepped to be stuck in the 750 this weekend.

I would turbo the bandit lump and keep the 1127 motor for the 750 .

Differences , bandit has a double roller out put bearing on the gearbox , weaker clutch , lower compression and the exhaust cam has shorter duration . As mentioned earlier the liners in the barrel are 1mm bigger in O/D . Stock bandit pistons are quite weak for turbo use so either gen 1 busa pistons or some aftermarket forged jobbies .

• Like 1
9 hours ago, colinworth79 said:

I would turbo the bandit lump and keep the 1127 motor for the 750 .

Differences , bandit has a double roller out put bearing on the gearbox , weaker clutch , lower compression and the exhaust cam has shorter duration . As mentioned earlier the liners in the barrel are 1mm bigger in O/D . Stock bandit pistons are quite weak for turbo use so either gen 1 busa pistons or some aftermarket forged jobbies .

Thanks, I figured the 1127 would be more fun in the 750, but wasn’t sure if there was any real advantage to either engine getting boost. I’m sure I’ll be posting more questions when I start the actual build.