1986 GSXR 750 rev limiter

I have a race bike GSXR 750 I would like to change the rev limiter add another 1000 would be nice for the gearing and tracks I ride. 
I purchased a used Dyna2000 but the cam and trigger are for older bike will not work on my bike, unless I buy new one for 250.00 us dollars. 
the question I have is there another way to increase the rev limiter or eliminate it or use the Dyna2000 with the stock trigger and cam gear. I have a V&H cam on there set at 5 degrees

any suggestion or help would be appreiciated. 
Thanks Chris 

1 hour ago, Chriscorven said:

I have a race bike GSXR 750 I would like to change the rev limiter add another 1000 would be nice for the gearing and tracks I ride. 
I purchased a used Dyna2000 but the cam and trigger are for older bike will not work on my bike, unless I buy new one for 250.00 us dollars. 
the question I have is there another way to increase the rev limiter or eliminate it or use the Dyna2000 with the stock trigger and cam gear. I have a V&H cam on there set at 5 degrees

Thanks Chris 

Ditch the dyna and get an ignitech

Set your limiter to wgatever you want, programme your own ignition curve, also has quickshifter function and loads of other stuff.

Uses standard pickup and coils too

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chriscorven said:

Thanks Chris 

Not being funny but will a GSXR 750 actually go to and hang together at 14k ? Stock GSXR rev counters are about 1k 'happy' (12k actual when counter says 13k) so if you had an actual 14k redline you may find rod shaped holes in the block!

Dont think the 750's are as bad as the 11's if you up the rpms a bit. They have long since stopped making good power ny then anyway.

I used to increase the limit on my short stroke motor at some tracks just to stop crashing into limiter mid corner or to avoid an un-needed gear change. Dont think it was by 1k tho.

47 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Short stroke 750s were not sold anywhere until 1988 and the thread title states 86, so presumably it's a 750 long-stroke slabby unless the bike has had an engine swap :)

Also says the cam and trigger are for an older model. And there isnt an older model thats different.

So without further info everything is a presumption

On 7/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, MeanBean49 said:

Ditch the dyna and get an ignitech

Set your limiter to wgatever you want, programme your own ignition curve, also has quickshifter function and loads of other stuff.

Uses standard pickup and coils too

It is the cheapest and best option. Go for coil-in-cap also.