79 gs1000e

Hey everyone, I just joined the forum. Picked up a 79 gs1000e about a month ago running extremely good. Started going through everything and ran across an issue. Front brakes sticking really bad took calipers apart and pistons rusted really bad and slide pins full of crap. I hopped online to order rebuild kit and cant find anything other than Eblag. Can anyone shed some guidance on a website that stocks the kits or an aftermarket brake upgrade option I can pursue? 

A5030E0F-245F-4E2B-BBA9-F0BED738424E.jpeg

Edited by Boondoc87
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Boondoc87 changed the title to 79 gs1000e
On 04/06/2021 at 7:18 AM, Swiss Toni said:

Try all the Suzuki dealers you can. One might have some NOS on the shelf collecting dust, and be only too happy to get rid! There are plenty aftermarket pistons being made too. Welcome to OSS by the way. 

This 

Suzuki carry some of the seals for the calipers but not all, it's hit and miss, best of luck with the bike and welcome. 

I get my brake parts from powerhouse in Chesterfield, brilliant service and they do seals, pistons, pins, clips etc at reasonable cost, just rebuilt my gsx1100 efe brakes with their stuff.

They also do a rebuild service, blast and spray your calipers too, my mate used this on his bike and had great praise for their work. Good luck.