Suzuki GS1000G won't start!

have had this 10 days now and perfect - starts every time, runs amazing then ...

I left it outside in the terrible recent rain for 3/4 days and now won't start ... nothings changed however

it cranks and sometimes almost starts - feels like fuel isn't getting through 

i've moved it into the dry to let it dry out but can't see how that could make any difference ?

help gratefully received!

Is it sparking? Has it run out of fuel or gone onto reserve just before you parked it up? Have you perfected cold starting in your 10 days of ownership? Most older bikes require a certain 'knack' to get them to fire from cold, what with the use of the choke and throttle position. I sold a bike to a friend of mine in 2008 and I can still start it from cold more efficiently than he can.

• Like 1

80's electrics and rain - not a good combination! Good soak of WD40 on any exposed elec. plugs, sockets, and plug caps won't hurt to start with. How good is the fuel tank cap rubber - water getting in there will sink to bottom of tank and then into carbs ...... it has been known!

• Like 1