Bandit 1200 oil pump

Suban12

To stray from the OP slightly, if the Blandit 12 has a relief valve on the oil pump, what happens when a GSXR sump is used on a Blandit 12 engine? On GSXRs the relief valve is in the sump so should this be removed when fitting to a Blandit 12 lump? And then what happems when a B12 sump goes on a GSXR lump? I know this has been discussed before but to my knowledge no-one has posted a definitive answer.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dezza said:

To stray from the OP slightly, if the Blandit 12 has a relief valve on the oil pump, what happens when a GSXR sump is used on a Blandit 12 engine? On GSXRs the relief valve is in the sump so should this be removed when fitting to a Blandit 12 lump? And then what happems when a B12 sump goes on a GSXR lump? I know this has been discussed before but to my knowledge no-one has posted a definitive answer.

Oil cooled motors as far as I knew all have 2 relief valves, one for the high pressure system and one for the low pressure, hp is in the sump pan and lp is on the pump.

Parts fiche does show mk 2 without one on pump, gewssing suzuki must have decided because their is verly low pressure in the LP and its highly unlikely to get blocked to do away with a relief valve, probably cost saving

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MeanBean49 said:

Oil cooled motors as far as I knew all have 2 relief valves, one for the high pressure system and one for the low pressure, hp is in the sump pan and lp is on the pump.

Parts fiche does show mk 2 without one on pump, gewssing suzuki must have decided because their is verly low pressure in the LP and its highly unlikely to get blocked to do away with a relief valve, probably cost saving

Blandit 12 mk1, no valve in sump as far as I can see

1 hour ago, Dezza said:

Blandit 12 mk1, no valve in sump as far as I can see

They do. I ones bought a motor with a stuck return valve, it blew the oil cooler to bits with the previous owner. I replaced it & all was well. That motor is still in my Turbo Scratcher. 

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 1