GSX750ES REVS SUPER HIGH AVTER INSTALLING CARBS

SATANSAM

OLD CARBS ARE A COMPLETE PHOOKERS

SO MANY BITS TO PHOOK UP ON

:pimp: If in doubt disconnect cable set tickover adjuster until happy reconnect cable.

And don’t think your pilot jets are clean just cause you can see daylight through themxD

34 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

New plates and springs or ...if you wanna go oldcheapskate ...a washer under each spring bolt to tighten it all up  .....and then sell it quick....& no ..........I never did that back in the 80's honest . O.o

XDDD sure U didn't...Anyway,Ill measure everything according to the manual, if everything is OK, I'll sand paper the plates... Whatcha think? 

1 hour ago, SATANSAM said:

XDDD sure U didn't...Anyway,Ill measure everything according to the manual, if everything is OK, I'll sand paper the plates... Whatcha think? 

Ah.......... sanding the plates (y)  if you get really keen you can re dot punch the metal plates. Stretching the springs out using a pair of mole grips and vice works well too . 

All "racing" mods probably ......

I was laughing with the guy who does my MOTs - same vintage as me , about how you could get away with just swapping number plates between the same model of bike for MOT tests back before computers and everything else , or the restorative powers of brake fluid on expired certificates ....

Edited by PanzerWomble
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, TonyGee said:

looking at the springs, I'd say the longer one is a heavy duty one. 

Yes, looks like they changed springs for some TRW ones. The discs looked glazed, well, should be after 20 odd years sitting there doing nothing...So I sprayed them with brake cleaner, copressed air, sanded them, brake cleaner again and comp. air again...All installed...Let's see how the bitch acts.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dezza said:

Those long springs are going to make the clutch action at the lever heavy :(. Maybe try 3 long and 3 short at first.

Thanx Dezz, it's only got four... I'll close the motor roughly to feel it 1st...if it's OK I'll close it with gasket blablabla. Thanx m8

• Like 1