Gsxr 750 & 1100 frames

Frames are quite silmilar, but 1100 weighs more, has more bracing, does not have removable shock mount, has sidestand mounts in different place, has holes for lower fairing bolts in different place etc. I can't confirm whether there are any important measurement differences between the frames or not. But 1100 has longer forks and longer swingarm.

Braced and banana arms have different linkage setup, so if you plan a swap, you need to swap the linkages as well. Having both 1100 and 750 banana swingarm type linkages in my shed, I could say that dogbones are the same and the knuckle may be same, too - the last bit is not confirmed though, but I can't spot any difference with my eye. Newer models with braced arms also have differences in swingarm spindle, I don't remember what exactly but nothing huge I think, stem diameter may be a little different.

Forks can be swapped together with yokes. Stems and bearings are the same. Forks on 1100s were thicker, so 750 yokes will not work with 1100 forks and vice versa. Calipers are interchangeable and so are the wheels and brake rotors.

Anything you want to ask, ask. I may have forgotten something or made a mistake somewhere, been a long time since I put mine together. :)

• Like 2

With the banana type swingarm, shock from a BMW S1000RR should fit pretty nicely, but not with the braced arm, as the reservoir is on the way. And the bimmer has the spring ratio very close to 1100W. As I'm using that shock on my 750W right now and find the spring ratio quite suitable, I may upgrade to a BMW unit at some point. They're going for cheap on the 'bay, too.

• Like 1

If its any help I've just fitted a shock from a GSXR 750 Y ( 2000 ) to my WR. It went in reasonably easy without any changes needed.

repair%20tris%20and%20HIC%20054_zpsnea4w

repair%20tris%20and%20HIC%20055_zpsygmdp

It does feel a bit softer but I've yet to ride it in anger, although it felt a bit more compliant on the local Cornish roads ( twisty but bumpy ) than my old shock which had a tendency to be too hard especially on rebound. Once my other problems are sorted and the roads dry up a bit I'll give it a proper test :D.