Brand newVance&hines powerpak

HWB

I managed to pick up a brand new powerpak today box and all. Im excited to install it first thing tomorrow, i have it already set at 2-2 since im running full race exhaust. Anything i should look out for with these ? Do you guys keep the stock pickup rotor or install the supplied one ? Also what gains and changes should i expect ? 

20200429_002123.jpg

So apparently it turns out to be for a 93 1100w. And the bike did not start. I tried the oem rotor and the provides rotor. Nothing.. checked spark and there is definitely spark but no startup. Might it be the pickup on the 93 is different ? Or is the timing for the 93 completely alien to the 92 ? What should i try i know people have made them.work for their bikes i just dont know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys  

1 hour ago, HWB said:

So apparently it turns out to be for a 93 1100w. And the bike did not start. I tried the oem rotor and the provides rotor. Nothing.. checked spark and there is definitely spark but no startup. Might it be the pickup on the 93 is different ? Or is the timing for the 93 completely alien to the 92 ? What should i try i know people have made them.work for their bikes i just dont know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys  

Just looking at the parts list, and the 92 CDI has different part numbers to the W/C bikes that came from 93 onwards.

Dave

Edited by davemfox
Sentence change.

Dyna 2000 is $320USD.  Not sure what you paid for that, but I'd sell it to someone building a W/C special and go the Dyna route.  If not and you really want a PowerPak I know of a used one that is for sale.  I believe the Dyna to be more versatile and what most people step to.  Not sure what you are building but most PowerPak's ended up selling because back in the day replacement boxes were crazy expensive in comparison.  

3 minutes ago, no class said:

they were a glorified ignition advancer / rev limiter box from 30 years ago.... they were junk then and even with the passing of time .... are still junk now .... sorry to burst your bubble but it is what it is . 

Alright seems like its junk i get it but can i know why ? What makes it so bad ?