EFE jetting advice

Jonny

Hi there,

So I've got a set of Bandit BST36s with twin ovals that I'm planning to put on my 1230cc EFE.

It currently running the standard carbs with 155 mains and pod filters, which I've had dyno-ed, and runs well.

Any idea what jetting I should start out with to get me in the right area? I was thinking 155s again but I know these carbs are different design?

Thanks,

Jonny

15 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Try the same jets - yes carbs are different, but they still essentially work the same way - btw 155's sound big if used in 34mm carbs but if the dyno says 'yes' who am I to comment :tu

Fatty has 36mm carbs ...9_9

Bizarrely i have a set of RS38s with 155 mains that i have used on everything from a 1428 down to a 1216 oil boiler. and lots in between.."dyno guy said drop a jet size on that" 

Bandit carbs are a pain to set up on fatty and a decent Non Dyno F##ked set are hard to find ...you would be surprised how well a set of rejetted stock efe carbs and airbox will work :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Duckndive said:

Yes that don't help 

Personally i would stick with the EFE carbs and spend the  £ elseware 

Well I've had the Bandit carbs on a shelf for a few years, so it's not really costing me anything. I can always stick the std ones back on later but I'd like to try the BSTs and see if I can get a bit more out of the set up.

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Try the same jets - yes carbs are different, but they still essentially work the same way - btw 155's sound big if used in 34mm carbs but if the dyno says 'yes' who am I to comment :tu

I'll put the 155s in then and see where that takes me. (y)

Edited by Jonny

Hi

I have

GSX 1100  ( 110X ) engine  1074ccm

web cam stage 1 intake cam

BS 36 carbs from EFE

120 main jet

needle in the middle

V&H 4/1 with baffle but  not so much insulation inside

original airclaener with box

mixture 2,75 turns out

a bit more than 100HP  on dyno ;)

sparks have nice color

runs quiet well,  no holes no, no stuttering, not like on the rubber band  in all gears  9500/ min and more   if I close throttle total  at more than 6000/min I have rumbling but no bangs   ( idle is at 1200/min )   intake is not untight      I would say OK

is a bit thirsty 

when you start, the cold engine ,  you have to be careful that she doesn't drown

cheers

HUM

• Like 1