OIL PRESSURE SWITCH GSX750EF, MAYBE USE FROM ANOTHER MODEL?

SATANSAM

Hi there friends,

Here I am, still restoring my gsx after my accident, halfway there! Anyway, my oil pressure swith has gone (GR72A) It's quite difficult to find, and if I do it's terribly expensive...Does any of you know if any from other models would do the job? I've even seen from Mitsubishi cars that look exactly the same! haha

Thanx in advance, this page is a kick in the butt to all mechanix here in Spain.

The super naked Suzi sais hello! B|

suzi fuera.jpg

8 hours ago, GSX1100dreamn said:

The 750 motors are shell type mains bearing and have a higher oil pressure than the 1100 roller bearing mains.

So a switch to suit that pressure I guess.

IMG_5892.thumb.JPG.3568b9d10b045dec5ce03acf2da1d45a.JPG

IMG_5891.thumb.JPG.69609cb5be51239d888bf8ca23393a9d.JPG

Suzuki dealer Mick Hone lists this oil pressure switches for the 750 be it 82 or 84 as below.

IMG_5893.thumb.JPG.07e9de6a28d19b2c49e7e52ec829adef.JPG

IMG_5894.thumb.JPG.2324ca330f7fd571965990d7251c2be7.JPG

Hope this helps.

Cheers Andrew.

So basically, the 1100 switch might not admit or resist that much pressure the 750 has?

Thanx again all of'ya!

1 hour ago, wraith said:

That's the gsx750et switch or in the USA gs750e first of the 16v motors with the chrome rectangle cam end caps.

Don't the gsx750es have the oil switch under the carbs between cylinders 2-3? If so refure to my first post ;)

Nope, the GSX750ES/EF ave the switch in the signal generator cavity...I'm reading about generic, standard oil switches such as from cars, a mechanic friend of a friend (already sounds bad!) Sais he uses switches from cars, swithces that cos around 4€! Risky BUT SWEETER THAN SUGAR!

Hi again amigos,

I finally bought an oil pressure switch FOR A CAR! I'm still waiting for it from Germany, but it's got the correct pressure measurements, correct thread and the correct length. Price: 3,10€, but of course, 10€ shipping costs. I'll let you know how it gues on. 

Mean while, the bije is looking like this now (waiting for propper red paint).

suzi red.jpg

55 minutes ago, CockneyRick said:

I meant as in the various air cooled ones, but i guess a car one will be same principle.

Fairly unlikely! If crank has roller bearings it has low pressure / high flow oil system so the pressure switch triggers with just about 1psi pressure whereas a shell bearing crank - 750ET, GSXR or most cars will run with 30+psi pressure but light is triggered as low as 5psi. As the switches do nothing but turn off a light, alternative switches will work but fittings are particular to the oil system!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Fairly unlikely! If crank has roller bearings it has low pressure / high flow oil system so the pressure switch triggers with just about 1psi pressure whereas a shell bearing crank - 750ET, GSXR or most cars will run with 30+psi pressure but light is triggered as low as 5psi. As the switches do nothing but turn off a light, alternative switches will work but fittings are particular to the oil system!

Good explanation m8 

Edited by SATANSAM
  • Like 1