Reusing gudgeon pins ?

This would be the second time I ve had those pistons off.  Can i get away using them again , they dont look like they do much .   The third time th heads been off since I've had it, I'm thinking it deserves a new gasket .  but is it really necessary?    What do people think ....

Yep, if the pins are within spec and good condition they should be ok to continue using them. Third time for the gasket ? Treat the old girl to a new one and keep the old one as possible emergency spare. Always use new circlips and good quality one. It's not worth penny pinching in view of the damage a failure can cause.

Edited by bluedog59
On 3/4/2019 at 5:21 PM, bluedog59 said:

Yep, if the pins are within spec and good condition they should be ok to continue using them. Third time for the gasket ? Treat the old girl to a new one and keep the old one as possible emergency spare. Always use new circlips and good quality one. It's not worth penny pinching in view of the damage a failure can cause.

I'm not sure what sort of emergency would require keeping old gasket for spare, only one place that's fit for. :stop:

right the bleedin circlips thas what i mean not the pins,  replace them .  gonna do the valve stem oil seels, head gasket.   my cams are heavily worn, is it likely the followers and al those bits are half knackered too.  is it expensive to get them , can you get them new,  probably just put it all back together as is. should i be doing anuthing else whilst the head is off

5 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

I'm not sure what sort of emergency would require keeping old gasket for spare, only one place that's fit for. :stop:

My idea of an "emergency spare" is an item that could be used in a dire emergency.          IE. It's Sunday afternoon, the current part is totally u/s and you need the bike working again before the shops open tomorrow.