Cam Identification

38 minutes ago, Buzuki said:

Cams with stamp `B ` is from 88- R750J model (not 89 K model) , intake cam lobe height is 33,878mm - 33,918mm , exaust cam lobe height is 33,533mm - 33,573mm .  

Any set of cams can have a B on them, its just random, just to do with the batch number, had them on alsorts of cams from different models

2 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

Any set of cams can have a B on them, its just random, just to do with the batch number, had them on alsorts of cams from different models

Maybe , but according to original Suzuki service manuals and my experience end side letter stamp is factory mark from main reason to distinguish them from model to model ,

for example cams with stamped letter

A - cams from late R750M model with 8 lobes per cam 

B - cams from R750J model , where R750K model have same intake (B) cam, but exaust cam is with slightly different characteristics and different letter stamp 

C - cams from early R750F,G,H models 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

picture from my Suzuki original service manual for GSXR750J (1988) model (German language version) 

B 001.jpg

• Like 3

WeirdO.o Suzuki must have had it in mind that there will be 2 additional variants of the GSXR750 that would each require different cams when they made the original F model (C cams) or else they would have started on A (which seems logical). Why they reverse letter ranking I wonder? Maybe this is the way they do things in Japan.