replacement clock rubber 750l

martyngsxr

okay so the ruubber that sits on the clock bracket has shrunk and really isn't damping the speedo anymore had a look at the fiche  and it looks like the rubber comes as part of the bracket has anyone replaced the rubber and if so with what I was thinking about some neoprene but not sure what thickness to go for  

8 minutes ago, martyngsxr said:

the bit im talking about sits on the top of the bracket its like a foam/rubber spacer that sits between the top of the bracket and the bezel of the clocks on the top

On the RGV that part is also replaceable is it this bit where my hand is? Although it was discontinued for the RGV so I stuck it in a pan with some boiling water and wintergreen to bring back some of its old self then boot polished it with parade gloss to make it look ok.

Then added a rim of thin self adhesive rubber to take out the play, it worked ok for a bit of a bodge...after pic fitted, sorry not the best pic :)

IMG_0272.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

Edited by Simbec1863
On 1/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, Dezza said:

High density foam is freely available on the interwebs. Can you cut your own new bit to fit? I ask as I have to get a load of the stuff to mount the tank correctly on my project bike and I will be making my own foam clock surround.

What Dezza said.  You might want to look at my recent thread here

as I also replaced the OEM foam surround with high density.  Might help you with the job.