Installing gsxr 36 mm cv carbs on EF engine.

I have a nice set of gsxr 36 mm oilcooler cv carbs which I am putting on a 1135 EF engine. By turning the inletrubbers a bit I can put them on but it is not a straight fit as normal. There is always a bit of an angle between the carbs and the rubbers. Is there a way to get a straight fit? Should I try more options by turning the inletrubbers  more or is there an other solution? Thanks.

They have the same diametre and so the inlet manifolds are big enough. It is more that the manifolds have a bend unlike oilcooled ones and to get them in you have to twist/turn the manifolds a bit. But then you create a bit of an angle between the manifolds and the  carbs.  The manifolds and the carbs dont line up in a straight line. I hope I made myself understood this way. Hahaha.

If you mean the carbs sit 'down' with their centreline more parallel to the ground - that is how they should be. It's the difference  in nearly 6-8 years of development. Straighter 'downdraft' style is possible but you have to change the std. inlet rubbers for something like rubberised canvas pipe although if there is any measurable advantage, is doubtful. There have been lots of re-worked cylinder heads to increase downdraft angles but it's a lot of cutting, milling and welding to achieve.

Thanks for the reply and explaination but what I ment is that the spacing between carbs 1+2 and between 3+4 is all the  same but the distance between 2+3 is not. So I either have to twist the intake manifolds 1 + 2 or 3+ 4 a bit to get them fitted. When you put EF carbs next to oilcooler carbs you can see that are not quiet the same in distance. 

I have two sets of 36 mm gsxr carbs and they are the same. One of the sets was on my gsx 1100 f engine so I know for sure that it is an oilcooler carb. At least  they fitted without hassle. The one I  fitted to the EF engine was sold to me as an oilcoolercarb and the previous  owner said that he also had to twist the manifolds a bit.  I will have a fresh look tomorrow  because I am a bit confused now. Everybody  says the spacing is the same but without twisting the manifolds it wont fit. They are a few mm off. 

Whats the spacing of watercooled carbs?

Do you have the EFE carb rubbers on the correct cylinder head stubs? Although the parts fische says they have the same parts number (as of 2018) the outer and inner rubbers are different (I have the original rubbers on mine and they have different numbers on). If you accidentally jumble them up you can have difficulty re-fitting the carbs.

On 7/29/2018 at 6:33 AM, WimBaas said:

I have a nice set of gsxr 36 mm oilcooler cv carbs which I am putting on a 1135 EF engine. By turning the inletrubbers a bit I can put them on but it is not a straight fit as normal. There is always a bit of an angle between the carbs and the rubbers. Is there a way to get a straight fit? Should I try more options by turning the inletrubbers  more or is there an other solution? Thanks.

I measured my spare 1150 carbs and they are 36mm.....oil cooled gsxr 36mm carbs are a direct fit . loosen all the hose clamps so the intakes can be rotated ....using a straight edge on the intakes  , index the rubbers until they are all in line ...tighten the clamps and instal the carbs . warm up the rubber a tad before installing the carbs .