Sidelight

Blue

did The slabby have sidelights or parklights? The Haynes manual shows the ign. switch like the first pic for all the GSX models & the slabby as the 2nd pic. Brown wire going to the sidelight

02C330D0-0CB5-4895-827E-B0E40DD24588.jpeg

3A0BDD11-8F3C-467D-B370-96DEE774D36A.jpeg

Edited by Blue

I think the slaby had side lights, because I was told anything after 1985 had to have sidelights, mirrors and indicators for a MOT.

You can take a feed from the brown wire from the rear light and link it to a front sidelight, if that helps.

Edited by wraith
Add a bit

I've seen and heard worse, a mate when he started ridding (years ago) rang me up asking me to go round as he could not get his bike to start, went other turned the ignition switch on, press the start button, and it started. He looked at me and said, I was thinking if that button did anything, I was thinking it was like a car and you just turned the key xD

One more, 

The old girl up the road came other to me she could not get her new rev and go to start and she had her bike test to get to, could I have a look, watch her try and start it, then pointed out she needs to pull the front brake and press the start button for it to start.

It's always worth checking the basics ;) as @Gixer1460did (in a smart arss way xD) as we all can get that involved in something we miss the very basic ;)

• Like 1

I thought a side-light and a parking light are one and the same thing - the same dinky 4w bulbs come on when the light switch is either moved to the first  of two possible on positions or when the ignition switched is turned to 'P.' The first of the 2 on stages for the light switch should switch on the side/park light and the rear light unless the bike is an import and doesn't have this. Has it ever worked? If it's a UK bike then the wiring should all be there and delving in with a multi-meter will show why your side/park lights are not working. If it's an import with a UK spec switch and headlights then you are going to start adding in wires.

Yes I've done this so time, and always found I've had a problem with the side lights (so it's not just you or me :D) that's why I know about the brown wire from the rear light (also goes to the number plate light ;)) well the brown and the gray wire have have me problems xD which if I remember also goes to the rear light, white is the brake light and the last wire is the black/white which is earth :) but you know that :D