slingshot 11/12 airbox or socks

Buddy

Hi lads

Little advice/opinion needed, 

I am rebuilding a poject 1100n ive had a while, it will have a bandit 1200 engine in it, but its getting  to the point of putting it all back together after powdercoat etc. I have  sourced an airbox and i also have ram air socks, im undecided which way i want to go with it,  pro's and cons of both set ups? It will get set up on dyno either way, will be a stock engine, (unless somebody donates 1216, haha) any gains with socks?  am i right to think if i use the airbox it will need to be in frame before engine?

Any advice appreciated 

con of airbox is that it's more work to remove/install the carbs. And a bit less top end power. Otherwise I would use the stock airbox, much less f*cking about to get it running correctly.

Yes it's best to install the airbox in the frame before the engine. It is possible to put it in later but that involves removing the generator, intake rubbers and oil lines, and using some expletive language.

• Like 2

Thanks for reply captain

I had k&n dual pods on a bandit 1200 in the past, but i fitted the gsxr dot head and cams at same time, so didnt know how much improvement he pods had on there own on a stock engine, i am leaning more towards the airbox,  especially if theres not much difference between the 2 options

Airbox with free flow filter every time, check out jonny bumps bike! Speaks volumes after all the r&ad work he's carried out ! Carbon Airbox panel filter works a treat !  So proof in the pudding , Airbox less hassle in jetting and Dyno time.

there is s k&n in the airbox, I'll look for johnnys bike, is it on here? 

Another question while were here,  bandit 1200 engine and carbs using a slingshot airbox with k&n, start with standard slingshot jetting because of the airbox? Or is it likely to be more the bandit jetting? Ie, is the airbox design and size the factor,? Hope  that makes sense 

Cheers

Edited by Buddy