coil on plug

Weapon

Last summer I ran into a fellow rider on a kz1000 or kz with a gpz engine I forget which. in any case he had individual coils on his spark plugs, curious I asked him what was the deal. he said they worked pretty good and the whole set up cost him about a hun cdn on Eblag. he was banging on about reduced spark delay and whatnot, and it seemed like a reasonably good idea.  any of you guys mess around with that stuff? notice any improvement? or is it just as well to buy a nice set of aftermarket coils and be done with it?

Edited by Weapon
cant spell for shit

if it has to run sequential ignition, a cam sensor is needed so the ECU knows which of the four cilinders is at compression stroke.

Exactly - the actual camshaft position isn't critical to spark or injection timing - just to indicate where in the cycle the engine is - its generally known as a sync sensor ie. it synchronises the ecu timing to, generally, cylinder #1. 

If it was me, and not running the bike on the drag/race strip but on the road, I'd just get a good Dyna S and Dyna coils/HT leads. Been down the route of 8 plug heads and Magnetos, and for the street - apart from looking good - there's no point. ;)

Edited by wraith
put 4 not 8 LOL