Searching for a lost Katana...

psb

Hi all,

I used to be on the old OSS until 2012 when I sold my last project bike. Been wondering recently what happened to it - has anyone seen it around? Looking at the MOT history online, looks like it's stayed somewhere in the Cirencester/Malmesbury area. Here's some pics and what specs I can remember, it's reasonably distinctive with the white striped paintwork so maybe someone's seen it...

1982 Katana 750, registration  ***410X, braced, tidied and powdercoated frame, USD forks (TL1000 I think), Bandit wheels and swingarm too I think (converted to dual shock). Ohlins, one-off seat, black paintwork with white three-stripe, modern switchgear (SV650/TL/Bandit mixture I think). Modern rearsets/pegs too with frame bracketing welded to suit.

Looking the bike up now online, DVLA say it's silver although I'm 80% sure that I informed them of the change to black - could someone be restoring it to semi-stock?

Enjoy the pics anyway! I tried to see if my old email addresses might let me log in but guess the old accounts don't work...

rear.jpg

rear_lhs.jpg

rhs.jpg

front_rhs.jpg

JRV 410X.jpg

lhs.jpg

rear_rhs.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...