150 rear tyre on slabby ?

E T

My 750f needs new tyres and there doesn't seem to be much choice,  never been a fan of metzler and the last set of Avon road riders perished on front side wall. It has Bridgestone battlax which are ok but I prefer continentals I have conti motions on two of my other bikes & can get contigo's but rear is 150 so the question is  will it fit and will it handle ok with wider tyre. 

I’m running a new old stock Michelin Hi-Sport 150/70 on the rear of my Slabby. Seems to handle fine though I’ve never ridden a slabby prior to this. I’ve another Nos Hi-Sport to go on the front shortly. I used to love the Hi-sports back when they were current and ran a set on my old FZR1000, they did have the Nickname Hi-sides for their on off grip, though I doubt i’ll trouble the limits of adhesion these days given my lack of talent ran out years ago. Ps I unnerstan the risks of running fekking old tyres, and have plans in hand to source a 2nd pair of wheels for more up to date rubber over the winter.

Edited by Macduff
On 10/17/2017 at 6:48 PM, HDTboy said:

I have Conti road attack CR2 on in a 150. Works well

I run these too, although I had issuses getting a new rear (none in stock in the country at the time) - Have a Bridgey BT090 on the back now, might swap to BT016SS next because they don't do a BT090 front in 18"

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, E T said:

I'm away to a rally this weekend but I will get in touch with guy who's breaking bike on monday

Looks like wider rears are like buses, none for ages then two turn up at the same time. It looks like my winter wheels job is now started as I've located a pair of 1988 enkei 1100J 3 spoke 18"s and an earlier 1100G/H rear if I want to stay original looking.  Cheers for the offer anyways ET  but my wheel collection is now up and running. 

Edited by Macduff